Link to HSBC NZ

Income tax calculator

On arrival, apply for a NZ Inland Revenue Department Number (IRD).

Link to NZ banking and tax advice

Savings Edit

If you will be paying tax abroad yet will be continuing to receive interest income from savings in the UK, you should fill out form R105 from HMRC and send it to the financial institutions where your savings are held. Normally tax is deducted from your interest income before you receive it.

This form requests that tax not be applied in future because your income will be taxed in your new country instead. If you don't do this, you may find that this part of your income is taxed twice.

[source - tax planning section]

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.